At Microsoft’s Xbox Series X game showcase event on July 23, we finally got a sneak peek at Forza Motorsport 8 through a minute-long teaser trailer.The game will run at native 4K resolution and 60 frames per second on Xbox Series X, according to Phil Spencer, the head of Microsoft’s Xbox division.
According to leaks from @IdleSloth84, the new Forza will resemble that of a reboot of the mainline Forza series to make it more realistic and sim racing roots.
Here are the rumoured new features of the upcoming Forza Motorsport 8:
- New tyre pressure model
- Dynamic track temperatures
- New atmosphere pressure system, affecting air density, dynamics, and power
- Redesigned suspension system with new modeling
- New ranked online system
- New integrated online Ghosting System
- Tracks have a full day and night cycles depending on race length/track
- Rubber in on tracks
- New heat interaction with tire pressure
- Expanded race capacity
- Off-road racing on land or gravel
- Rally races will also be present
- Clubs Return
The game will also be available on Windows PC and will be included in the Xbox Game Pass library at launch. The official release date of Forza Motorsport 8 has not been confirmed. Rumors have put the release in early 2021.